June 2021 Canada Employment Report
June 2021 Labour Market Survey Highlights
- Employment rose by 231,000 in June, with growth entirely in part-time work.
- The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%, as the total number of unemployed Canadians fell by 61,000.
- Total hours worked were little changed and were 4.0% below their pre-pandemic level.
- The number of Canadians working from home fell by nearly 400,000 to 4.7 million.
- The number of self-employed workers fell by 63,000; down 7.2% compared with February 2020.
Source: Cushman & Wakefield Canada Research